- Vegetables are an excellent source ________ vitamins.
- Microscopes make small things appear larger than ________.
(A) really are
(B) are really
(C) are they really
(D) they really are
- The city of Montreal ________ on an island in the Saint Lawrence River.
(A) was built
(B) has built
(C) that built
- A singer’s struggle to succeed in popular music is the kind of story ________ a fascinating film could be made.
(C) for whom
(D) about which
- In the past, lions _______ common in many parts of the world.
- by 1872 the United States had 70 engineering colleges, _______ astonishing expansion credited largely to the Morrill Act of 1862.
(C) to which
- The artist Romare Bcarden was _______ whose yellows, deep blues, and fuchsias contrasted strongly with photographic gray in his bright collages.
(A) with a gift for color
(B) a gifted colorist
(C) a gift with colorful
(D) gifted with coloring
- The most important chemical catalyst on this planet is chlorophyll, _______carbon dioxide and water react to form carbohydrates.
(A) whose presence
(B) which is present
(D) in the presence of which
- One theory of the origin of the universe is _______from the explosion of a tiny, extremely dense fireball several billion years ago.
(A) because what formed
(B) the formation that
(C) that it formed
(D) when forming
- Roads in the United States remained crude, _______ with graved or wood planks, until the beginning of the twentieth century.
(A) were unsurefaced or they covered them
(B) which unsureface or covered
(C) unsurfaced or covered them
(D) unsurfaced or covered
- portrait prints were the first reproductions of American paintings _______ widely distributed in the United States.
(B) that which
(C) that being
(D) to be
- Abigail Adams was prodigious letter writer, _______ many editions of her letters have been published.
(C) in addition to
(D) due to
- In geometry, an ellipse may be defined as the locus of all points _______distances from two fixed points is constant.
(A) which as the sum of
(B) of the sum which
(C) whose sum of whose
(D) whose sum that the
- _______at the site of a fort established by the Northwest Mounted Police, Calgary is now one of Canada’s fastest growing cities.
(B) It is built
(C) To build
(D) Having built
- An image on a national flag can symbolize political ideals that _______express.
(A) take many words to otherwise would.
(B) would take to many otherwise words
(C) many words to take would otherwise